Antoine is fast becoming a friend of mine, and he’s having a bit of an issue with his photography blog at the moment… actually, with his host. And it may be terminal. I know some of you read his blog, so I just wanted you guys to be aware that he’s fully aware (and a little ticked off). So think happy thoughts, and let’s hope for a successful revival so we can get back to reading his stuff.

UPDATE: Antoine’s site is back up and running! Glad to hear he didn’t lose any information.

Was this a similar issue to the previous one? I seem to remember him posting something about it all being OK….

January 17, 2008 6:54 am

I think this issue is something totally different. The previous problem was with a network problem. He didn’t dive into the details with me, but it sounded like he was having a bit of a battle with his host.

January 17, 2008 7:48 am

fingers crossed it all gets sorted soon. I enjoy reading Antoine’s blog.

January 17, 2008 7:50 am

Dangit… :(

January 17, 2008 3:21 pm

Fair enough, though considering it took them 12 hours last time to find a faulty cable (you saying it was a network problem jogged my memory), it might be a while…here’s hoping he can get it sorted soon!

January 17, 2008 3:40 pm

Brian thanks for passing this message along and guys thank you for your support !

To keep a long story short my horror story with AIT continues. After being recently down for 12 hours because of a network cable it seems, as they say, that a cpu fan error brought my server down again yesterday. However this failure caused a registry corruption and they are unable to bring the server back online. I just wish the data is not lost too that would mean the end of adidap.

Will keep you posted cross your fingers for me!

January 17, 2008 5:23 pm

Hi Antoine,
hope you are reading this. I don’t have your mail, only your rss feed :).
If you need a hosting service for until you set things up, contact me. I can give you some free hosting until you get on your feet again.
- udi (u d i j w [@] y a h o o dot c o m)

January 18, 2008 7:13 am

Guys an update, I have just received that the data is not lost after all. I should be able to ftp it in about 2 hours .
Thank you all for your emails and offers but I got myself a new host I think that with good luck adidap should be back online by monday

You guys rock thanks

January 18, 2008 12:19 pm

Good to hear this is only temp.

January 18, 2008 7:07 pm

ADIDAP is back online in its new home
Thanks you all for your support it will take some time to stabalize but no data has been lost

January 19, 2008 9:16 am