Here are some links for the week!
- The Mask – To Hide or Reveal our Personality
My Camera World
THIS is what masking in Photoshop is all about! Niels takes us through one of his photos as he evaluates it and applies targeted processing via a series of masks.
- Lighting Lesson — Refract and Reflect
Whether you have one light or twelve, the trick is making them look like more is knowing how to stretch them into doing double-, triple- and even quadruple-duty for you.
- Lens Flare – and how to avoid it
Great discussion about lens flare, what causes it, and how to avoid it.
- GIMP For Photographers: Levels
In Photos dot org
How to improve your photos with the GIMP Levels Tool with before and after screenshots. Also very applicable to Photoshop.
- Rapid Composition – How to Compose a Photo Quickly
digital Photography School
Really really great article from Neil Creek about composition. It’s written very well, and he lets us into his mind as he evaluates three scenes from a photographer’s perspective. These illustrations are superb in explaining his thoughts.
- 5 Services/Technologies Every Photographer Should Be Using
A great set of tools for both photographers and bloggers to keep track of everything.
- Neutral Density Filters: What are they & when to use them
Nice overview of the ND filter: what they are, why to use them, and how to use them.