Visit PhotoNetCast

PhotoNetCast has just officially launched with its first two podcast episodes. The new production is a group effort between four photographers and bloggers, discussing many of the current topics in photography-land. The site’s creator, Antonio Marques of Words: irrational puts it best:

Our idea is to stand out from the crowd and turn this podcast into a more relaxed and dynamic feature with a roundtable format. Instead of delivering the common “how to’s” we intend to bring our own opinions and discuss the latest news going around in the photography world with a special focus on what is released by photography bloggers. This, of course, doesn’t mean that we will not try to make it educational.

In addition to Antonio’s voice appearing in the podcast, you’ll hear Jim Goldstein, Martin Gommel, and Myself co-hosting in this twice-a-month discussion of photography. Along with each podcast release are show-notes that highlight the topics of discussion along with links to the stories we’re referring to. The other photographers/bloggers in the show are guys that I have high respect and admiration for, and I’ve known each of them for quite some time. So if you’re looking for something to listen to while you process your photos or surf through Flickr, give the PhotoNetCast a try.

For those who do end up listening to the first few episodes, we’d really appreciate some feedback and future suggestions on how to make the show better. And for those of you with a blog of your own, we’d certainly love it if you helped spread the word to your readers. Thanks everyone!

This was the “big thing” you mentioned the other day?! Awesome!

I haven’t had the pleasure of any interaction with Antonio before, but I love Jim’s, Martin’s and your work so I know it’s going to be impressive already.

I’ll try and have a listen tonight, but I’ll definitely let you know what I think when I get the chance. I love podcasts.

April 28, 2008 11:51 pm

Hahaha… yes, it was. I really wanted to say something to you then, but I figured I’d surprise you later. It’s funny, because when I was talking with you I had literally just gotten off the phone with these guys as we wrapped up recording episode two.

April 29, 2008 12:17 am

I’m pretty stoked about this. I love podcasts too so I will certainly be subscribing and looking forward to some great stuff out of you guys!

April 29, 2008 1:21 am

Without listening to anything yet I have to say I usually don’t follow any podcasts, I like vidcasts more ;-)

However, I will listen to hear what you guys have to say.

One more thing: the topmenu of the site is screwed up in my browser (Maxthon (built on IE7).

April 29, 2008 6:59 am

Congratulations Brian:

I am glad to see that you and your fellow photographers are busy as every hepling out all the photo enthusiast.

But I was wondering did you accidentally clone yourself as I wonder how you can get all this done and still have an active job and great famil life?

Niels Henriksen.

April 29, 2008 7:13 am

Wow Brian! You have come a long way in the last year. Good luck on the new endeavor.

April 29, 2008 10:20 am

Hi Brian, it is quite novel. I subscribed to your podcast, although I find the last one a bit too lengthy. I think 20-30 minutes will be most suitable for me. Thanks for your work

April 29, 2008 11:49 am

Very nice podcasts. I like the casual conversation that has developed between the participants. The content is both informative and constructive.

April 29, 2008 3:39 pm

Thanks everyone! I’m glad to hear that a few of you went and listened to it and enjoyed it. We’ve gotten some great feedback on the site, and we’ll be working to make the next few episodes even better.

April 30, 2008 1:54 am

Wow, I’m really behind on my blog reading, I can’t believe I missed this! Congratulations and I know this is going to be a success. I love roundtable discussions.

May 1, 2008 10:33 pm