A lot of interesting stuff happening this week in the world of photography.
- Portrait Professional 8 Giveaway Winners
Check out the results from the portrait contest over at DIYPhotography! Udi had a lot of great entries, and I had the honor of being one of the two judges for the contest.
- An Interview with the Creator of the Sarah Palin Bikini Gun Photo
Did you ever see that photo of Palin in a Bikini that swept across the Internet not too long ago? Well, Jim found the creator of the photo and here’s a transcript of his interview with her.
- The Colormancer retouching contest
Here’s an interesting piece of software to try out, and a competition that goes with it!
- 110 Great Resources for Photographers
Looking to fill up your feed reader? Check out this huge list of podcasts, vidcasts, and photography blogs.
- Photographing Children
10 tips for photographing kids, and lots of great examples to go with them.
- Nikon D3 Shutter Release in Super Slow Motion
Jeffrey Friedl’s Blog
This is insane — an animated series of photos showing the Nikon D3 mirror flipping up and the shutter releasing.
- Lessons in Photography and Life from The Duck
A few real-world photography lessons, in the form of a comic strip.
- Histogram 101
A dissection of the histogram and how it can be used to evaluate your photos.
- How to Shoot Professional Images in Low Light
Tips for shooting in low light including lens choice, ISO, shutter speed, and flash equiment.