Before we get to the links, just a quick reminder that you can suggest links and articles to me via Google Reader, Twitter, Delicious, and/or StumbleUpon. Google Reader is probably the best method (follow me and I’ll follow back if your shared items don’t suck), but I try to keep up with the others as well (though I’m really bad about following back on Twitter).
- 40 Free and Fantastic Presets For Lightroom
For the Lightroom users out there, here’s a huge collection of free presets to toy around with.
- PhotoNetCast #36 – Photography Projects
In this episode of PhotoNetCast we discuss the topic of personal photography projects and how they can benefit you.
- Rock Concert Photography – 9 Tips on How to Get The Shot
digital Photography School
A good set of tips for catching the shots at concerts and other stage performances.
- Review: The DAM Book: Digital Asset Management for Photographers
If you’re serious about getting your photos organized, this book is the Bible.
- Jaw-Dropping Urban Photography
A diverse collection of various photographs from urban environments. (found via @cmiper)
- 10 Nifty, Excellent Excuses for Failing at Photography
Lighting Essentials for Photographers
Need a good excuse for not reaching your goals of becoming a professional photographer? Take your pick.
- Vietnam: Protesting the War
28 photos from LIFE Magazine showing various demonstrations against the Vietnam War. (found via @photosil)
- 20 Examples of Minimalist Photography
Smash and Peas
Awesome set of photos (mostly seascapes).
- Lumière Brothers – The Serpentine Dance (c.1899)
Shot and hand-colored – frame by frame – at the end of the 19th Century. (found via John Nack)
- Beautiful Black and White Photography
I do love black & white, and these are pretty amazing.
- Workers – Cuba – Labor in a Restricted Trade Zone
Zoriah gives us a glimpse into the lives of several Cuban workers.
- 21 Signs You’re a Real Photographer Now
Black Star Rising
They’re funny because they’re true.
- 7 Beginners Tips for Shooting Sports and Action
In sports and wildlife shooting, it’s all about getting that one particular moment that happens within a fraction of a second.
- The Best Holga Photos from Flickr August & September 2009
Awesome set of Holga pics!