- 1 Million FPS Bullet Impacts
And you thought 10fps was fast… this is insane. (found via @neilcreek)
- 5 More Must Have Photography iPhone Applications
If you have an iPhone, you should check out these lists of photography applications.
- The Incredible Macro Bug Portraiture of Thomas Shahan
This stuff is beyond typical macro — we’re talking full frame portraits of bugs!
- The Massive Guide to TLRs Part 3: Toy camera TLRs
Want to get a TLR with a funky attitude? Check out these toy TLRs — plastic is fantastic!
- Wanna Free Trip To Visit Chase Jarvis In Seattle?
As an extension to his new book and iPhone app, Chase is giving out some signed books and a free trip to Seattle! Check out how you can enter.
- 10 Stunning Photography Locations Downunder
Smash & Peas
From snow-white sandy beaches and red deserts to lush tropical rain forests and immense waterfalls, Australia has some amazing locations.
- Buying Prints from Your Favorite Photographers 2009
With the 2nd round of this project, Jim encourages us to purchase and/or trade prints with other photographers — definitely a great idea!
- We’re giving away an HP MediaSmart server
Do you need more space for your photos? If so, plead your case to Photodoto and you’ll be entered for a chance to win an HP MediaSmart server plus 1TB of storage!
- 88 Examples of Incredible Aerial Photography
This one is pretty self-explanatory… lots of photos from above.
- 13 Glorious New Zealand Landscape & Seascape Photos
Just in case you needed that extra bit of motivation to get down there some day, check out these incredible shots of what New Zealand has to offer us photographers.
- Color Photography from Russia in the Early 1900’s
Amazing color photos from an era dominated by black and white.
- Minimal Black and White
6 great photos showcased on the Flickr blog.
- Editing Tips for Microstock Photographers
Editing your photos for microstock is a little bit different than normal editing. Here are some tips to consider when editing your images for microstock.
WEEK 2 = YELLOW
Wine bottles at the grocery store. Yellow Tail is supposedly an Australian wine, but I’m curious if any Australians have even heard of it (I’m not a big fan of wine, by the way). These ones really stood out because of their bright yellow labels. In this shot, I was testing out my brand new 50mm f/1.4 set wide open. This lens has some crazy shallow DOF! Here are a few other shots from the grocery run: